Twenty-first Century Skills - Year 9
Teacher in Charge:
This course aims to support learners to become confident digital citizens, digitally literate and well prepared for the future. A focus will be on developing learners who are ready to use ‘21st century learning skills’ (problem solving, creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, digital literacy).
A variety of STEAM projects (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths) will be undertaken, and will be designed in consultation, linking into class work. The projects will offer opportunities to collaborate and problem solve and employ the 21st century learning skills.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Creativity - You will be challenged to develop a range of ideas, and solutions that will appeal to your target audience (across multiple projects).
- Device setup - getting setup on WGHS network, printing, Google Suite, Classroom etc...
- Digital Literacy - Using your device to develop new skills and knowledge of the WGHS network.
- Digital Poster Design - showing aspects of digital safety linking with QR code to online content.
- Digital Design - Use digital design tools to complete your finished work: Google Suite and Creative Apps.
- Gamification - game design and construction to teach others a key concept.
- Coding - character design and coding to add movement and lighting.
Year 9 Core Programmes
All resources are supplied for use in class.