Year 9 English
Teacher in Charge:
In English, students follow a course which integrates various strands of the English curriculum, with a strong focus on writing, speaking, and listening. Year 9 English is about “finding your voice”.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Explore a Shakespearean text.
- Collaborative group skills.
- Read, view, and study extended and short written and visual texts.
- Themes-based approach, focused on a different literary theme each term.
- Learning about how language is used for a specific purpose.
- Modelling a range of writing genres.