Year 9 Integrated Core - The Switch Project
Teacher in Charge:
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Learning Skills - Also known as the "four Cs" of 21st century learning, these include critical thinking / problem solving, communication, collaboration, and creativity.
- To meet the demands of our changing society the future of education lies in helping students develop lifelong skills that will set them up for success in the 21st century.
- Life Skills - Growth mindset, flexibility, initiative, social skills, productivity, leadership, reflection and citizenship.
- Students explore connected curriculum through responsive overarching themes. They learn fundamental skills and knowledge in authentic contests and apply facts, ideas and knowledge in problems or provocations that are designed to “provoke” thought and motivate thinking or investigation.
- Literacy Skills - Information literacy, media literacy, and technology literacy.
- A key focus is implementing their ideas back into the community through the context of real life community and school based projects.
- Explicit links are made across the learning areas of English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Technology, Health and PE and pathways for further learning.
Year 9 Switch Brochure
Pens, pencils, a calculator, ruler, scissors and colouring pencils.