In Health students will explore the underlying concepts of Health (Hauora, Attitudes and Values, Socio-ecological Perspective and Health Promotion) through a range of important health issues. For example; mental fitness, drug education, relationships and sexuality and personal inquiry.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Critical thinking skills - exploring the bigger picture of current health issues.
- Mental Fitness - explore ways we can strengthen our mental and emotional wellbeing in relation to resilience.
- Interpersonal skills - develop and build on interpersonal skills.
- Drug Education - explore the impacts a range drugs have on wellbeing and develop strategies for health enhancing decision making.
- Attitudes and values - understand and accept a range of attitudes and values in relation to health.
- Relationships and sexuality - develop understanding and strategies around issues related to relationships and sexuality e.g. healthy and unhealthy relationships, safer sex practices,media influences and diversity sand inclusion.
- Decision making - build on the ability to make health enhancing decisions for yourself and others.
- Inquiry - explore areas of health students are interested in and build personal coping strategies.
- Collaboration - work alongside others to achieve group goals.