In Health students will explore the underlying concepts of Health (Hauora, Attitudes and Values, Socio-ecological Perspective and Health Promotion) through a range of important health issues. For example; Personal identity, safety, alcohol and drugs, relationships and sexuality, body positivity and personal inquiry.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Critical thinking skills - exploring the bigger picture of current health issues.
- Personal identity and safety - understand and develop personal identity.
- Interpersonal skills - develop and build on interpersonal skills.
- Alcohol and drugs - explore the effects that alcohol, tobacco, vape and cannabis have on wellbeing and develop strategies for health enhancing decision making.
- Attitudes and values - understand and accept a range of attitudes and values in relation to health.
- Relationships and sexuality - develop understanding and strategies around issues related to relationships and sexuality e.g. reproductive health, safer sex practices, strategies.
- Decision making - build on the ability to make health enhancing decisions for yourself and others.
- Body positivity - develop a sense of body positivity in our media influenced world.
- Collaboration - work alongside others to achieve group goals.