Year 12 01 English
Teacher in Charge: M. Northey
Students will follow a topic based course determined by their teacher. This issue will be explored across a range of different texts drawn from a range of genres which may include: film, novel, short story, poetry, non-fiction, newspaper/magazine. The course will aim to enable students to make connections between literary texts and with their own worlds.
Students of English develop skills cumulatively with increasing complexity and sophistication in:
• Reading and processing information and thinking critically
• Critically analysing literature and writing essay and short answer responses
• Understanding, responding to and using oral, written and visual language in a range of contexts to communicate effectively
• Setting deadlines and working towards task completion within those deadlines
• Engaging with and enjoying language in all its varieties
Contributions and Equipment
Optional literature text - $25.00
1 2B8 Exercise Book
1 A4 Lined Refill Pad
Recommended Prior Learning
10 NCEA Level 1 literacy credits
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
Total Credits Available: 17 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 8 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 9 credits.