Year 10 Technology Product and Design
Teacher in Charge:
This course explores Product and Design focusing on developing creative and practical skills. Students work through the design process, applying their research to explore design ideas and ultimately create a quality final product. Students will learn about machine safety, set up and use, so that they are confident and capable in the workshop.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Creativity - Students create innovative design ideas/solutions, exploring creative existing solutions to enhance their own outcomes.
- Use the design process to work through a design brief.
- Critical thinking skills, being able to analyze, reason, solve problems, plan, organize, and make sound decisions in their work.
- Develop competencies in workshop and machine safety.
- Use workshop technologies in the design and manufacturing of a solution.
- Students will gain an understanding of angles, tolerances, measurement, scale, ergonomics and presentation skills.
- Use time management strategies to ensure students can manage resources, support and materials.
Year 10, Technology
All students need: pens, pencils, ruler, eraser, closed toed shoes, safety glasses.
Final product :$40.00 (optional)