Year 10 Product and Manufacturing
Teacher in Charge:
This course encourages students to work collaboratively in the design and manufacture of a mass produced product. Students will explore sustainable options during the design process while developing a creative and innovative design solution using appropriate technologies.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Creativity - Students create innovative design ideas/solutions.
- Applied Design: where students will do screen printing, block printing, applique,tie dye, machine embroidery and work with fabric in a creative way.
- Collaboration - students will be given opportunities to work together.
- Use any of the equipment and facilities within reason.
- Using Information - During the course students will work through the design process and carry out detailed research and experimentation with fabrics and construction methods in order to make decisions about their final outcome.
- Product design, looking at homeware, wearables, clothing etc
- Technology use - students will be able to use technology and equipment understanding the tools, components and processes.
- Production processes - exploring costing, materials and wastage, marketing and promotion.
Year 10, Technology
All students need: pens, pencils, ruler, eraser, glue stick, highlighters, coloured pencils, scissors for all classes
A4 Clearfile (80 page, or 2 x 40 page)
Final product - $30.00 (optional)
Students also have the option to purchase more specialised materials, equipment or resources for their individual projects. (e.g: developing screens for printing vs hand cut, pine vs rimu) they will need to be mindful of this when working through the design process.