Year 11 Accounting
Teacher in Charge:
The focus of this course is to process, report and analyse financial information for a business. They will also analyse how well the business has performed and make recommendations on how to improve its performance in the future. Students will learn how to manipulate spreadsheets in order to prepare cash journals, ledger accounts and financial statements.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Technology use- understand and use spreadsheets to classify/code, report and analyse financial information for a business.
- How to classify the trial balance into appropriate categories and prepare financial statements.
- Critical Thinking- interpret percentages and ratios and make recommendations.
- How to calculate ratios and percentages, identify and explain trends and make justified recommendations in order to improve results.
- Communication skills- analyse (using % and ratios) a business’ performance.
- How to gather information from source documents and/or transactions and process them into cash journals, then transfer the information to ledger accounts and prepare a trial balance.
- Information use- source financial information from source documents and process into journals and ledgers.
Year 11, Business, Money and the Economy
1 1B8 Exercise book