Year 11 Technology Product and Design - 2020
In Year 11:
- Year 11 students will select 12 courses for the year (although there are some year long courses which will count as two courses).
- Six courses will be taken in each semester.
- These must include two English and two Mathematics courses as they provide literacy and numeracy credits. We highly recommend that at least one science course is also chosen.
- Students will be assessed in all, but most of assessments will not be for credits.
- All year 11 students will have access to achieving 20 credits in 2021.
- These will come primarily from English and Mathematics. If students do not get the full 20 from here, they will be available from other subject areas.
- These credits will be internal credits
- Courses have strong pathways. The courses keep options broad and do not close any future pathways.
- All courses have open entry.
- The Year 11 programme is in line with the Government’s emphasis on critical thinking, digital literacy, civil participation and teaching you to work well alongside others, as well as strengthening literacy and numeracy.
Courses in this Department
Year 11 - Smashbook 2.0 Year 11 Art - Alternative Media Year 11 Art - Photography Year 11 Creative Digital Technology Year 11 Dance - Whole Year Course Year 11 Drama Year 11 Duke of Edinburgh (Bronze) Year 11 Economics - Money Talks Year 11 English - Let's Get Critical, Critical Year 11 English - Stage and Screen Year 11 English for Speakers of Other Languages Year 11 Food and Nutrition - Topical Nutrition Trends Year 11 Geography - Disaster and Conflict Year 11 Health - Meaningful Connections Year 11 History - Adolf Hitler: Monster, Madman or Military Genius? Year 11 Hospitality - Masterchef 101 Year 11 Mathematics - Numeracy Year 11 Mathematics with Statistics and Probability Year 11 Media Studies - What are you watching? Year 11 Music - Vocal Year 11 Performing Arts Year 11 Physical Education - B - Body and Mind Year 11 Primary Industries Year 11 Product and Manufacturing Year 11 Science - Forensic & Marine Science Year 11 Science - Magnificent Microbes and Interesting Inheritance Year 11 Science - This IS Rocket Science! Year 11 Spanish - Beginners' Practical Spanish for Tourism, Travel, Work and Study Year 11 Te Reo -Toi Māori Year 11 Textile and Fashion Technology - Drawing and Design Thinking
Year 11 Accounting - Make Money Matter Year 11 Art - Design Year 11 Classical Studies - Ancient Mythologies Year 11 Dance - Essentials Year 11 Design and Visual Communication - Amazing Spaces Year 11 Drama - Māori theatre Year 11 Duke of Edinburgh (Silver) Year 11 Economics in Action Year 11 English - Literacy unlocked Year 11 English - The Power of Language Year 11 Enterprise -Business builder Year 11 French -Beginners' Practical French for Tourism, Travel, Work and Study Year 11 Geography - Explore and Experience Year 11 Health - My Health and I Year 11 History - Black Lives Matter Year 11 Leadership in action Year 11 Mathematics with Algebraic Thinking Year 11 Media Studies - Lights, Camera, Action Year 11 Music - Create Year 11 Outdoor Education Year 11 Physical Education - Sports Science Year 11 Physical Education - Lifestyle Programme Year 11 Product and Design - 3D Digital Manufacturing Year 11 Science - Crashes and Flashes Year 11 Science - Knees, Leaves and Family Trees Year 11 Science - Radical Reactions and Captivating Chemistry Year 11 Social Studies - "The Times They Are A-Changin" Year 11 Spanish - Say "¡Olé!" to NCEA! Year 11 Te Reo Māori me ōna Tikanga Year 11 Textile and Fashion Technology - Sewing 101, Back to Basics
Year 11 Accounting - Manage my business Year 11 Art - Illustration Year 11 Classical Studies - Love, Revenge and Murder Year 11 Dance - Performance Year 11 Design and Visual Communication - Design Junkies Year 11 Drama Acting for the Camera Year 11 Early Childhood Development Year 11 English - Keeping it Kiwi Year 11 English - Mirror mirror Year 11 English - Weaving Words Year 11 Food and Nutrition - Nourishment for Life Year 11 French NCEA Pathway Year 11 Health - Love It Here Year 11 Health - We Have Issues! Year 11 Hospitality - Come Dine with Me Year 11 Mathematics - Elements of Mathematics Year 11 Mathematics with Geometry and Measurement (Semester 1) Year 11 Media Studies - Millenial Media Me Year 11 Music - Instrumental Year 11 Pasifika Studies Introduction to Pacific Studies Year 11 Physical Education - A - Under the Skin Year 11 Physical Education - Sports Management Year 11 Product and Design - Product and Design 101 Year 11 Science - Earth Science Year 11 Science - Life on Mars Year 11 Science - Reproduction Reality and Kiwi Kai Year 11 Social Studies - CSI Social Studies Year 11 Te Reo - Māori Performing Arts Year 11 Textile and Fashion Technology - Contemporary Cultural Textiles Year 11 Tourism - Boarding Pass