In this course students will focus on gaining a deeper understanding of where styles and genres of music come from throughout histories and different cultures as well as a further understanding of the building blocks of music (ie: scales, chords, rhythm, texture and song structure) which can then be applied to songwriting, composition or interpreting scores and chord sheets of pieces of music in preparation for performance.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Collaborative skills - learning to work together effectively towards a common goal.
- Work in small groups to research and present on a historical/cultural/social aspect of music.
- Communication skills - develop listening, negotiation and interpersonal skills through analysing music and researching and presenting on music topics.
- Learn to read and write music for producing songs, compositions and better understanding pieces of music to prepare for performance.
- Information use - understand and interpret musical scores and notation.
- Critically reflect, think and engage in discussions about styles and genres of music
- Critical thinking skills - listening to and analysing music recordings and scores and making sense of music in a variety of cultural contexts.