Year 11 Art - Design
Teacher in Charge:
This course is designed for students who are interested in using the Adobe Creative Suite for creating high quality, eye-catching, current design solutions. Initial focus will be on using the ‘design process’ to develop an understanding of contemporary design when creating their own publication. Students will produce work using a theme reflecting their own personal interests; hobbies or whānau.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Creativity: You will be challenged to develop a range of ideas, draw inspiration from the world around you, listen to feedback from others and use this to inform your own ideas.
- Illustration (drawing, painting, printing)
- Decision Making: You will use the ‘design process’ to develop ideas and make decisions about successful design solutions.
- Adobe Photoshop for image-manipulation.
- Digital Literacy: Use digital design tools to complete your finished publication: Google Suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Exploration of layout and book design elements: Type and Image (front cover, printing specifications, double page spread)
- Visual Literacy: In responding to a design brief, you will need to consider how your work is received by others and understand how to convey your ideas to others through your choice of design elements.
- Students will complete a high quality finished publication of their choice along with a digital workbook documenting their research, ideas and process.
Year 11, Art
Detailed Course Outline
All resources are supplied for use in class.