Year 11 Art Design
Teacher in Charge:
Are you interested in advertising, business and art? Then Art Design is the course for you. Use your interest in illustration, digital drawing and ‘hands-on’ techniques to create eye catching design solutions that can be found in the real world. Students will develop an understanding of how to use the Adobe Creative Suite. The initial focus will be on using the ‘design process’ to develop an understanding of design imagery then apply this knowledge to create their own packaging and publication designs. Students will produce work using a theme reflecting their own personal interests; hobbies or whānau.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Creativity: You will be challenged to develop a range of ideas, draw inspiration from the world around you, listen to feedback from others and use this to inform your own ideas.
- Illustration (drawing, waycom, painting, printing)
- Decision Making: You will use the ‘design process’ to develop ideas and make decisions about successful design solutions.
- Adobe Photoshop for image-manipulation.
- Digital Literacy: Use digital design tools to complete your finished publication: Google Suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Exploration of layout and book design elements: Type and Image (front cover, printing specifications, double page spread). Students will complete a high quality finished publication of their choice along with a digital workbook documenting their research, ideas and process.
- Visual Literacy: In responding to a design brief, you will need to consider how your work is received by others and understand how to convey your ideas to others through your choice of design elements.
- Packaging Design for a local soapery: Graphic elements on a 3D form (logo, pattern and type). Student will create a finished product and product photoshoot to complete that can be used as a part of social media advertising campaign.
Year 11, Art
Detailed Course Outline
All resources are supplied for use in class.