Year 11 Art - Illustration
Teacher in Charge:
This course will develop students' ability to use a wide range of wet and dry media from observation and beyond. Students' best work will be exhibited in a group exhibition in the format of a ‘Mini Portfolio’. Students will illustrate selected subject matter based on their Whakapapa and the theme, “Ko ahau tenei - This is Me”.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Creativity: You will be challenged to think of alternative solutions, use your own art-making experience to inform your next steps, use colour with flair, re-interpret imagery in your own way, and apply media in diverse ways.
- “Ko ahau tenei - This is Me” You will develop your own subject matter and ideas relating to this overarching topic.
- Decision Making: You will focus on your favourite art-making style, select artist models that inspire you and make decisions about media, composition and technique.
- Pencil, Charcoal, Pen, Ink, Watercolour Paint, Acrylic Paint, Mixed Media, Digital: Waycom.
- Time Management: Use time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Mini Portfolio: Display of research and ideas along with a selection of your best work.
- Visual Literacy: Use images to describe and express your ideas. Your work will relate to your own interpretation of the set theme.
Year 11, Art
All resources are supplied for use in class.
If students wish to have their own supply of material to use both in class and at home they may purchase the following: Paint Palette and Lid, No. 0 Taklon Round Paintbrush, No.4 Taklon Round Paintbrush, 2B and 6B Pencil, Black Fineline Pen.