Year 11 Early Childhood Development
Teacher in Charge:
In Early Childhood Development, students prepare for the responsibilities and tasks of a babysitter. They will develop their abilities in performing the care practices required for young children from infants to school age and investigate how babies and young children develop and what can affect their development.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Care Practice skills- bathing, nappy changing, feeding.
- Explore the responsibilities of a babysitter and tasks you need to perform.
- Collaborative group skills.
- Caring for young children infant to school age- examine their basic needs.
- Adaptability, initiative and creativity in dealing with the changing needs of young children.
- Child Development and what can affect the development of a foetus and a young child.
- Basic First aid and health issues that can affect young children.
Year 11, Child Development