Year 11 Economics
Teacher in Charge:
The course studies a range of economic issues for producers and resources used in the production process in New Zealand. Students develop an awareness of the decisions producers have to make around their production processes and resources they use. It will enable them to understand the impact of these decisions on New Zealand and the impact on consumers.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Communicating economic ideas and opinions through critical thinking.
- How do producers decide what to make?
- What is meant by price and non-price marketing strategies.
- Interpreting information and drawing conclusions.
- What is meant by economies of scale and why is it important.
- Research primary and secondary sources including a trip to town to see real life examples of producer decisions.
- What are some examples of producers goals and how does this impact the production process.
Year 11, Business, Money and the Economy
1 1B8 Exercise Book