Year 11 English - Literacy unlocked
Teacher in Charge:
This full year course is designed for students who will benefit from a closely scaffolded approach to their senior English studies. Students will work towards a portfolio of writing, reading, and speaking activities in order to satisfy their functional literacy requirements.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Express ideas in writing for a variety of purposes and audiences.
- Storytelling in film, poetry, short stories and a novel.
- Read written texts for meaning, as well as for fun.
- Spelling, punctuation and paragraphing.
- Locate information to answer a question.
- Write poetry and/or lyrics.
- Actively participate in small group interviews and discussions.
- Fill in forms and write a CV.
- Research a self-selected topic.
Year 11, English
1B8 or similar exercise book, pen or pencil, highlighter