Year 11 Health - Meaningful Connections
Teacher in Charge:
In Meaningful Connections students will develop and build on their interpersonal skills and learn how to apply these in healthy relationships. Students will learn about the potential issues that surround intimate relationships and how to minimise potential risk for example; safer sex practices (consent, contraception, STIs), managing media influences and diversity.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Interpersonal skills - develop and build on interpersonal skills to use in relationships with others.
- Interpersonal skills - students will develop their communication skills (assertiveness, listening, expressing opinions) through practical class based activities.
- Collaboration - develop collaborative skills through group challenges and tasks.
- Personal, interpersonal and societal strategies to promote positive sexuality (consent, contraception, sexual health services, positive communication, media influences and diversity).
- Communication - develop the ability to communicate effectively and assertively in a range of situations.
- Critical thinking skills - exploring the bigger picture of current health issues.
Year 11, Health
A4 Visual Journal - can be lined and / or unlined