Year 11 Health - We Have Issues!
Teacher in Charge:
The ‘We Have Issues’ course explores current NZ Health Issues. Students will develop and apply the use of critical thinking skills to analyse what is causing a range of issues, what are the consequences on societal and individual well being and what strategies could be used to address the issue. Students will co-construct the learning to ensure issues selected are areas of interest.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Critical thinking skills - exploring the bigger picture of current health issues.
- Current and relevant NZ Health issues e.g. Covid 19, adolescent alcohol and drug use, mental health.
- Attitudes and values - understand and accept a range of attitudes and values in relation to health.
- Explore the determinants of health that are influencing the issue(s).
- Decision making - build on the ability to make health enhancing decisions for yourself and others.
- Explore the potential impacts of the issue(s) on wellbeing.
- Develop research skills and statistical analysis.
- Explore and recommend strategies to bring about equitable health outcomes in relation to the issue(s).
- Develop health literacy skills.
Year 11, Health