Year 11 Health - My Health and I
Teacher in Charge:
Want to know how to improve your overall wellbeing to get the most out of life? In My Health and I, students will explore their own wellbeing and a range of strategies to enhance and strengthen all four dimensions. Using the framework of Te Whare Tapa Wha and the Five Ways to Wellbeing actions, you will gain the knowledge and understanding of how to make these changes in your life.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Students will learn how to identify strengths and weaknesses within their own wellbeing and learn practical strategies to enhance these areas.
- Collaborative group skills - develop collaborative skills through group planning and implementation.
- The course will incorporate all four dimensions of hauora; including mental health, personal identity, relationships, goal setting and resilience.
- Goal setting and self management.
- Critical thinking - exploring the bigger picture of factors that influence your own health and how to deal with these.
Year 11, Health