Year 11 Music - Create
Teacher in Charge:
In this course students will focus on learning how to create, edit and record music. Students will create a series of recordings of song arrangements, an original song, a remix or music for a motion picture. Students will learn to use a variety of software applications including Garageband, Audacity, Soundplant and Ableton Live. The course will be delivered through interactive workshops, group and individual work. Students are expected to present a portfolio of recordings to be presented to an audience throughout the course.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Collaborative skills - learning to work together effectively towards a common goal.
- Learn to rehearse and prepare music for recording.
- Communication skills - develop listening, negotiation and interpersonal skills through the rehearsal process.
- Learn to record, edit and mix sound and music to create a recording.
- Information use - understand and interpret musical scores and notation to be realised.
- Reflect on the rehearsal and recording process.
- Critical thinking skills - listening to and analysing music recordings and scores and making sense of music in a recording context.
- Develop music technology, sound editing and compositional skills for a variety of contexts.
Year 11, Music
Headset Earphones (Recommended)