Year 11 Music - Vocal
Teacher in Charge:
In this course students will focus on performing with their voice. There will be class time to practice and have individual or small group tuition. Students will prepare to present both solo and group performance pieces with their voice. There will be opportunities to perform in a variety of settings including class, end-of-term concerts, lunchtime concerts and outside of school. IMPORTANT: THIS IS A PERFORMING ARTS COURSE. STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO PERFORM IN FRONT OF AN AUDIENCE AS A SINGER OR RAPPER
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Collaborative skills - learning to work together effectively towards a common goal.
- Learn to sing both as part of a group and solo.
- Communication skills - develop listening, negotiation and interpersonal skills through the rehearsal process.
- Rehearse pieces to present to an audience.
- Information use - understand and interpret musical scores and notation to be realised in a performance on a chosen instrument.
- Reflect on the rehearsal and performance process.
- Critical thinking skills - listening to and analysing music recordings and scores and making sense of music in a performance context.
- Develop vocal technique to further your musicianship skills as a singer.
Year 11, Music