Year 11 Spanish - Practical
Teacher in Charge:
In 11 Practical Spanish students will begin to learn to pronounce Spanish correctly and will memorise useful phrases to use while travelling or working with Spanish-speaking visitors to Aotearoa New Zealand. They will work in pairs and small groups to carry out role plays to demonstrate their communication skills in Spanish. They will also research, plan and present their learning as a slideshow of their “virtual trip” to Spain and another Spanish-speaking country.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Communication - speaking and listening to Spanish.
- Greetings and Manners - cultural differences.
- Information Use and recall - memorising, researching, evaluating and decision-making.
- Listening and Responding at the Airport and Passport control - flight numbers, dates, spelling names and places.
- Technology skills - correct use of online translators, online pronunciation help, slide presentations etc.
- Shopping using Spanish money - numbers/sizes/colours/clothes.
- Systems thinking - appreciating that a language is a system of thought that reflects a culture.
- Where to visit - Regions of Spain/ other Spanish-speaking countries.
- Means of transport - depending on your budget.
- Where to eat and where to stay - depending on your budget.
- Restaurant/café language.
Year 11, Modern Foreign Languages
1 x 1B5 exercise book