Year 11 Tourism
Teacher in Charge:
In Year 11 students explore the tourism industry. They will learn who is a tourist, where they go and why. They will also explore Tourism career pathways, work roles and industry expectations.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Interpersonal Skills – collaboration, self-directed learning, effective communication, and how to contribute positively.
- Festivals and Celebrations – from NZ and around the world.
- Personal Qualities – self-responsibility, self-discipline and a willingness to learn.
- Popular Tourist Destinations – use google maps to showcase popular landmarks, attractions, and activities.
- Workplace Qualities – time management, to use a variety of sources to gain information, to use technology appropriately and to problem solve.
- Create a Tourism Business “Plan a Resort” - design a resort that meets the needs of a particular tourist type.
- Mapping and Data Interpretation Skills
- Off on a ‘Famil’ – plan a dream holiday.
Year 11, Tourism
1B8 exercise book
Glue Stick, Pens & Highlighters