Level 2 Mathematics with Calculus
Teacher in Charge:
This course provides the opportunity for students to deepen their understanding of algebra and learn the basics of calculus. Students also learn about trigonometry, probability and complete a statistical investigation. Mathematics with Calculus is designed for those students who may wish to pursue Mathematics or subjects that use Mathematics at a tertiary level.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Critical thinking- Be able to illustrate your mathematical thinking visually and to demonstrate mathematical curiosity by asking mathematical questions.
- Develop your understanding of algebraic notation, expressions to solve contextual algebraic problems.
- Reasons - be able to demonstrate a set of logical steps to their solution.
- Uses the sine and cosine rule, area of triangles, sectors and segments to solve problems involving non right angled triangles.
- Use calculus to understand problems involving rates of change and gradient.
- Investigates chance and data through probability models and a statistical investigation
2 x 1E5 exercise books.
A Casio Graphics FX9750 calculator is strongly recommended