Level 2 Product and Design
Teacher in Charge:
Students will work through the design process to create and construct a furniture outcome. They will explore existing design solutions, designers and construction methods.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Creativity - Students create innovative design ideas/solutions, exploring creative existing solutions to enhance their own outcomes.
- Use the design process to work through a design brief.
- Critical thinking skills, being able to analyze, reason, solve problems, plan, organize, and make sound decisions in their work.
- Use Digital Technologies in the design & manufacturing of a solution.
- Use workshop technologies in the design & manufacturing of a solution.
- Research of existing solutions and suitable materials to make informed decisions.
- Present design ideas in an exhibition alongside fellow students.
- Develop competencies in workshop and machine safety.
- Use time management strategies to ensure students can manage resources, support and materials.
1 A3 Visual Diary, Graphic Pens, Safety Glass & Ear Protection. Final product - $100.00 optional
Students also have the option to purchase more specialised materials, equipment or resources for their individual projects (e.g: developing screens for printing vs hand cut, pine vs rimu). They will need to be mindful of this when working through the design process.