Level 2 Textiles and Fashion Technology
Teacher in Charge:
The focus of this course is on innovative design, created through complex technological processes. Students who take this course are expected to be independent learners.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Creativity - Students create innovative design ideas/solutions.
- Pattern drafting, preparation and alterations.
- Technological process which involves research, planning, time management, design, construction and a final evaluation which measures how well the solution meets the brief of the client.
- Fashion design, structural and decorative design.
- Technology use - students will be able to use technology and equipment, understanding the tools, components and systems.
- Skills & Construction techniques.
- Time Management - Use time management strategies to ensure students can manage resources, support and materials.
- Opportunities include, exhibitions, events, competitions and additional courses
A3 & A4 Clearfile Final product $60.00 (optional)
Students also have the option to purchase more specialised materials, equipment or resources for their individual projects (e.g: developing screens for printing vs hand cut, pine vs rimu). They will need to be mindful of this when working through the design process.