Level 3 Textiles and Fashion Technology*
Teacher in Charge:
The focus of this course is on innovative design, created through complex technological processes. Students who take this course are expected to be independent learners.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Creativity - Students create innovative design ideas/solutions.
- Pattern Drafting - Extends and develops students' knowledge of pattern drafting. Past projects have included custom fitted ball dresses, 5 pocket designer jeans and shift dresses with design features.
- Technological process which involves research, planning, time management, design, construction and a final evaluation which measures how well the solution meets the brief of the client.
- Starting from an experience, students explore a range of design ideas refining their concepts towards their final outcome. This is an open brief where students can create in their genre of choice.
- Technology use - students will be able to use technology and equipment, understanding the tools, components and systems.
- Opportunities include, exhibitions, events, competitions and additional courses.
- Time Management - Use time management strategies to ensure students can manage resources, support and materials.
A3 & A4 Clearfile Final product $60.00 (optional)
Students also have the option to purchase more specialised materials, equipment or resources for their individual projects (e.g: developing screens for printing vs hand cut, pine vs rimu). They will need to be mindful of this when working through the design process.