Year 9 Chinese Passport
Teacher in Charge:
9 Chinese Passport is a one-term option giving students a taste of Chinese language by offering some pronunciation skills, useful phrases and cultural insights. Students will work in pairs or small groups to carry out 2 short conversations in which they introduce themselves and they will use their Passport Booklet (provided) to record some of their learning and research.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Communication - making yourself understood in another language and respecting another culture.
- Where are these languages spoken?
- Memory - using brain-gym and other methods to remember new words and sounds.
- The sounds of Chinese initials, finals and tones.
- Collaboration/Teamwork - e.g. working with a classmate to prepare a conversation.
- Technology - e.g. making sound files to help you learn pronunciation.
- Introducing yourself and others.
- Numbers and dates to communicate your age, birthday, money.
- Typical foods/cultural events.
Year 9, Modern Foreign Languages
1 x 1B5 exercise book