Year 9 Contemporary Māori Art
Teacher in Charge:
This course introduces and builds confidence when using Contemporary Maori Artist models. Students will use a wide range of art-making media to explore themes of identity in Aotearoa. Students will take inspiration from their pepeha and explore art making practices within a modern learning context.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Creativity: You will explore a range of contemporary art making techniques and media, and apply these in the style of Maori artist models.
- Explore your own pepeha as a base for generating imagery.
- Contemporary Kowhaiwhai and taniko pattern design.
- Critical Thinking: Use Artist models and knowledge about your whanau/ancestry to create your own designs and outcomes.
- Effective drawing and Painting techniques.
- Time Management: Develop time management skills to meet deadlines in a creative field.
- Extension into Print-making, Stencilling, Sculpture or Digital outcomes.
- Produce quality finished outcomes to take home an share with your whanau.
Year 9, Art
All resources are supplied for use in class.