Year 9 Money Smart
Teacher in Charge:
This course is about building your financial capabilities. It aims to make students more aware about what influences their choices and the money implications of their decisions. That means making you more money smart. It's about making good spending decisions, finding ways to make more of your means, budgeting, wise use of credit and an in town ‘beating the shopping’ challenge. You can’t afford not to be money smart.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Use information and technology skills as you engage with money concepts through activities, projects and challenges.
- Connection between skills and reward and how different types of income are gained.
- Critical thinking in comparing alternatives and making reasoned recommendations.
- Budgeting and making appropriate changes to achieve a savings goal.
- Use spreadsheets and insert formula for easy calculations and quick changes.
- How to make good spending decisions, assessing quality and the consequences of fast fashion.
- Creativity and digital skills to design currency and produce a prototype.
- New ways to pay and wise use of credit.
- Different forms of saving including Kiwisaver.
Involves a walking trip to town to undertake a shopping challenge within a set budget.
Year 9, Business, Money and the Economy
1B8 exercise book