Year 9 Music
Teacher in Charge:
In Year 9 Music, there is a focus on practical and creative music making with an emphasis on mainly whole class and group work. There will be an opportunity to learn an instrument by taking lessons on one of the following instruments:
IMPORTANT: THIS IS A PERFORMING ARTS COURSE. STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO PERFORM IN FRONT OF AN AUDIENCE ON A CHOSEN INSTRUMENT
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Collaborative skills - learning to work together effectively towards a common goal.
- Learn to play an instrument as part of a group.
- Communication skills - develop listening, negotiation and interpersonal skills through the rehearsal process.
- Rehearse pieces to present to an audience.
- Information use - understand and interpret musical scores and notation to be realised in a performance on a chosen instrument.
- Reflect on the rehearsal and performance process.
- Critical thinking skills - listening to and analysing music recordings and scores and making sense of music in a performance context.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of reading music and music theory.
Year 9, Music
Headset Earphones (Recommended)
$20.00 Instrument hire per term (optional) flute, clarinet, trumpet, trombone, saxophone