Year 11 Tourism - Boarding Pass
Teacher in Charge: D. Severinsen
Students will learn:
- What a tourist looks like, why they travel, and where they travel to
- Tourism career pathways and work roles
- Festivals/Celebrations around the world
- Tourism industry expectations
- Popular tourist destinations - local, national and international
- How to plan a holiday - Local, national and international destinations.
How students will learn:
- Students will create a tourism business that will cater for visiting cruise ship passengers.
- Students will design a tourist resort. They will need to consider: the type of tourist they want to attract, how they will market their resort, work roles, uniform and the positive and negative impacts this could create.
- Students will plan a holiday. They will need to create an itinerary, use online booking sites, stick to a budget, consider challenges they may face.
Students will use the following skills: critical thinking, collaboration, communication, research, and problem solving.
What students will enjoy:
- Exploring through real life contexts.
- Visiting the Town Basin.
- Hearing from people in the industry.
- Learning about their local community as well as the world around them.