Year 9 Music
In Year 9 Music, there is a focus on practical and creative music making with an emphasis on mainly whole class and group work.
• learn to play an instrument as part of a group
• learn how to support someone else in your learning of music (tuakana teina)
• rehearse pieces for a final concert at the end of term
• reflect on the rehearsal and performance process
• demonstrate basic knowledge of reading music and music theory
Contributions and Equipment
All students need: pens, pencils, ruler, eraser, glue stick, highlighters, coloured pencils, scissors for all classes.
Specific requirements are as follows:
1 Headset Earphones (Recommended)
$20.00 Instrument hire per term (optional) flute, clarinet, trumpet, trombone, saxophone
Recommended Prior Learning