Year 11 Drama
Teacher in Charge:
In this full year course, students will experience four main units of work:
- Apply Drama Techniques In A Dramatic Context
- Devising a Scene to Realise an Intention
- Perform An Acting Role In A Scripted Production
- Perform Scenes from a selection of New Zealand Plays
These units will involve participation in the Sheilah Winn Shakespeare Festival, improvisation, research, physical and vocal awareness activities and a focus on local history.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Collaborative group skills.
- A selection of scenes from New Zealand plays.
- Physical, emotional and behavioural self-awareness.
- Rehearsal leading to participation in a performance a major production.
- Listening and speaking skills.
- Individual and collective responsibility.
- Structuring for narrative.
Year 11, Drama
WGHS shorts and t-shirt (Same as for PE)
1B8 Exercise book