Teacher in Charge: H. Lamason
This marks the start of your culinary adventure:
• develop a good understanding of food hygiene and safety
• develop good core meal preparation and cookery skills to create your very own “My Food Bag” project
• discover the Paddock to Plate philosophy
• investigate quality indicators and preparation techniques for a variety of produce
• understand the benefits of using seasonal ingredients
Students need to be able to handle a variety of foods, and the course is NOT suitable for students with severe food allergies or strict dietary requirements.
All students need: pens, pencils, ruler, eraser, glue stick, highlighters, coloured pencils, scissors.
Specific requirements for this class are:
1 2B8 exercise book
Students have the option of bringing in additional or specialised ingredients
Fully covered shoes are compulsory for all practical classes.
Dietitian, Nutritionist, Food Technology, Food Science, New product design, Food Engineering, Quality Assurance, Food Critic, Food Stylist, Cake Decorator, Product Promotion, Hospitality, Chef, Baker, Bar Manager, Bar Tender, Front of House, Caterer, Housekeeper, Cafe Manager, Hotel/ Motel Receptionist, Barista.