Year 11 Hospitality - Masterchef 101
Teacher in Charge:
In 11 Masterchef students use applied academic skills to demonstrate knowledge about ingredients to form well balanced meals that consider food safety, seasonality and sustainably sourced ingredients. The students will critically analyse creative ideas to develop skills in planning, organising and time management in order to present safe and original dishes.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Creativity- use knowledge of cookery techniques and ingredients to design meals.
- Demonstrate Food safety knowledge and practices.
- Critical thinking- Analyse and apply knowledge to group tasks and meal planning to fit a set criteria.
- Explore meal development.
- Applied academic skills- Read and interpret information, write and change recipes, negotiate pros and cons to problem solve and meet success criteria.
- Apply seasonality philosophy.
- Resource management- manage time, ingredients, class wide. collaboration, planning tools, internet research to organise projects.
- Discover local NZ food producers and their impact on local hospitality industry.
2 practical lessons per timetable cycle.
Year 11, Foods and Hospitality
Pen, Fully covered shoes