Year 11 Science - Kiwi Kai and Realistic Reproduction
Teacher in Charge:
Firstly we ako/learn about Microbiology food processes and Food/kai biotechnology, specifically fermentation and link in the importance of human culture eg: Maori culture and Rewana bread.
Secondly we ako/learn about our bodies as wāhine - puberty, menstruation/waiwhero, hormones and being hapū/pregnant. Students will learn about resource interpretation, communication, study skills, answering NCEA questions and life skills around your own tinana/body to take into your future life.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Working as part of a team.
- Kai production using microbiology knowledge with bacteria and fungi.
- Respecting individual differences.
- Fermentation to develop niche products with specific qualities and prevention of food poisoning.
- Displaying a positive attitude and sense of self-worth.
- Human Biology and our: genitalia, internal organs, menstrual cycle - being a wāhine and hormones.
- Locating, reading, analysing and communicating information.
- Body changes over your lifetime, fertility including pregnancy - growing a pēpē, labour and post pregnancy care for your body.
Year 11, Science
1B5 exercise book