Level 2 Academy for Toi Māori: Tupu Pūkare
Teacher in Charge:
This course will be taught in conjunction with Te Reo - Toi Māori. Ākonga will be able to explore the elements of maori design in a bilingual environment. Ākonga will follow tīkanga and work with a range of construction materials, such as concrete, wood and other mediums, to complete Toi Maori projects.
This is an academy subject please see Careers for an expression of interest form.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Ākonga will develop their creativity through understanding the range of materials and apply Te ao Māori concepts to develop a taonga.
- Workshop technology to develop skills for various industries in the trades.
- Ākonga will differentiate between multiple approaches and assess options to make decisions to develop a taonga.
- Developing and producing whakairo using appropriate tīkanga.
- Ākonga will be able to work collaboratively in a workshop environment to ensure all ākonga are able to complete their taonga.
- Working safely in a workshop environment.
- Elements of Māori Art and design from a mātauranga māori perspective (traditions).
Academy, Careers, Seniors
All resources are provided