Year 9 Design and Visual Communication
Teacher in Charge:
The Design & Visual Communication course aims to introduce students to a variety of communication skills. They will have the opportunity to develop problem solving and presentation skills, along with creativity and visualising objects in 3 dimensional space.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Creativity - Students will explore innovative design ideas/solutions incorporating fabrics.
- They also learn freehand drawing and digital skills which allow them to communicate and present design ideas in response to a given brief.
- Using information - Use the design process to develop ideas and explore options.
- Sketching techniques using isometric, perspective, oblique and rendering.
- Problem solving and critical thinking through drawing and visual communication.
- Modelling, both digital and physical modelling.
Year 9, Technology
All students need: pens, pencils, ruler, eraser, glue stick, highlighters, coloured pencils, scissors for all classes
Final product - $12.00 Optional