Year 9 Product and Design
Teacher in Charge:
Product and Design will focus on making and knowing how to make products. It will include workshop safety, machine components, knowledge of materials and construction methods.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Creativity - Students create innovative design ideas/solutions, exploring creative existing solutions to enhance their own outcomes.
- Use the design process to work through a design brief.
- Critical thinking skills, being able to analyze, reason, solve problems, plan, organize, and make sound decisions in their work.
- Develop competencies in workshop and machine safety.
- Use workshop technologies in the design & manufacturing of a solution
- Students will work through various design briefs, such as Jewellery and/or Clock Design – MDF/Plywood.
- Design & Visual Communication will focus on design drawings, with the emphasis on working drawings, prototypes, orthographic, isometric, sectional/exploded details, construction drawings, measurements and cutting lists.
Year 9, Technology
All students need: pens, pencils, ruler, eraser, closed toed shoes, safety glasses. Final product :$20.00 (optional)