Year 9 Textiles and Fashion Technology
Teacher in Charge:
Students will learn essential textiles and fashion construction techniques, which will be applied to a product / outcome, which they have designed and developed to meet an identified need.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Creativity - Students create innovative design ideas/solutions.
- Applied Design: where students will do screen printing, block printing, applique, tie dye, machine embroidery and work with fabric in a creative way.
- Using Information - During the course students will work through the design process and carry out detailed research and experimentation with fabrics and construction methods in order to make decisions about their final outcome.
- All students are taught to use the professional level Bernina Sewing Machines and Overlockers. Students become confident by setting up machines every lesson.
- Technology use - students will be able to use technology and equipment, understanding the tools, components and processes.
- Students with a high level of capability are offered more advanced projects to extend their capabilities.
Year 9, Technology
All students need: pens, pencils, ruler, eraser, glue stick, highlighters, coloured pencils, scissors for all classes
Final product $10.00 (optional)
Students also have the option to purchase more specialised materials, equipment or resources for their individual projects. (e.g: developing screens for printing vs hand cut, pine vs rimu) They will need to be mindful of this when working through the design process.