This course requires 2 options.
Year 11 Dance - Whole Year Course
Teacher in Charge: L. Neal
This course is for students who would like to develop skills in choreography and performance over the course of a full year. Students will look to expand their knowledge of dance history and analysis. This course is aimed at enthusiastic, curious and energetic students. The course has an element of Musical Theatre dance (not singing), Contemporary Dance and themes of culture and wellbeing.
The skills learned are valuable in any career that requires leadership, team work, communication skills, creativity, taking risks and stepping out of your comfort zone. These are all skills that are very sought after in any work place today.
• Group Composition - Students choreograph dances using a variety of ideas with a view to co-construct class pieces for performance.
• Perform Solo, Duo and Group Sequences - students learn pieces for performance.
• Group Dance - students learn, rehearse and perform, focusing on ensemble skills.
• Understanding the elements of dance - students reflect on practical choreographic techniques in a written and digital portfolio.
• View and respond to dance works. Students analyse and make informed judgments about the dance.
• Demonstrate knowledge of choreographers and dancers who have changed the world of dance.
• Improve technique and performance skills, with particular attention to engaging your audience through both genres.
• Personal fitness and health
• Exercise imagination and find original solutions to choreographic tasks.
• Communicate ideas about dance through writing and sketching, with an emphasis on choreographic devices.
• Develop leadership skills and collective responsibility when working as a team.
• Knowing, valuing and accepting the strengths and skills of others.
Contributions and Equipment
2x 1b5 exercise books
2 x black leggings ( preferably 1x short , 1x ¾ length)
Recommended Prior Learning