Year 12 Performing Arts
Teacher in Charge: A. Hughes
Senior Performing Arts
This course is for those looking to focus mainly on live theatre performance. There is an emphasis on the practical study of performance to gain experience and understanding of theatre and dance. Teaching and learning is aimed at furthering skills and knowledge in dance technique, acting, composition, directing and performance skills with music performance and Pacific studies as an optional addition.
Focus of the course;
- Group production- Musical Theatre and physical theatre
- Performance focused
- Drama and Dance with options in Pacific Studies and Music
Aims of the course:
- To publicly show work
- To allow for individually tailored courses to best suit students' ability and strength
- To show progression through to Performing Arts courses and further education
- Collaboration between the Arts
Skills in (the generic skills employers seek):
- Teamwork and leadership
- Effective oral and written communication
- Gathering and processing information
- Problem solving
- Organisational and time-management
- Lateral and critical thinking
- Self confidence and self motivation
Total Credits Available: 40 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 40 credits.