Year 10 Te Ao Māori
Teacher in Charge:
In Te Ao Māori (Māori worldview), students will further their insights into ‘Te Ao Māori’. They will learn protocol practices to enhance their understanding of Te Ao Māori. They will learn our stories of Te Taitokerau and our connections to other iwi outside of Te Taitokerau.
The programme is about developing an understanding of how and why we do things, learning about our surroundings and growing our knowledge of our kura values, tikanga and culture. We will grow their knowledge in the Tikanga of our whare, Te Rau Aroha and what it means to us.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Develop an understanding of Te Ao Māori through a Māori worldview lens.
- What does looking through a Māori worldview lens look like?
- Develop basic protocols of the pōwhiri (welcoming) process within our school.
- Wāhine rangatira/rongonui o Te Tai Tokerau.
- Atuatanga - What roles do our atua play in the powhiri process?
- Enhance your understanding by way of waiata (song) and karakia (recitation).
- Mihimihi - Learning mihi structures and waiata to tautoko their mihi.
- Leadership roles within Te Ao Māori.
- Maramataka Māori - Understanding the phases of the moon and how they interact with our daily lives.
- Te Tiriti o Waitangi - Learning about why our tūpuna signed the treaty.
2 x 1B5 exercise books