Teacher in Charge: J. Lang
What will I learn?
During this course students will learn how to budget for a family holiday, identify the purpose and key components of common financial documents, and prepare reports for a community organisation.
Students will be able to:
- Use spreadsheets to prepare budgets
- Prepare a brief report
- Identify common household financial documents and their key components
- Classify a club's trial balance into appropriate categories
- Prepare financial statements for a club, including a treasurer's report
- Use spreadsheets
- Report writing
- Source key financial information from source documents
- Classify and report financial information
Suits students who:
- Like numbers
- Are organised and methodical
- Like to build layers of information and piece it together
- See a future in business, banking, tourism, money management, business ownership.
1 Pocket Calculator