Teacher in Charge: H. Lamason
Draw on your inner Chelsea Winter and learn:
• how to style food to design your own recipe book
• how to impress your family with a drop-dead gorgeous table settings
• present meals that will impress your guests
• discover new cultures, cuisines, skills and techniques
• create menus for special occasions, including budgeting and substitution of ingredients
• discover the amazing opportunities in this wide and sought after Hospitality industry
Students need to be able to handle a variety of foods, and the course is NOT suitable for students with severe food allergies or strict dietary requirements.
All students need: pens, pencils, ruler, eraser, glue stick, highlighters, coloured pencils, scissors.
Specific requirements for this class are:
1 2B8 exercise book
Students have the option of bringing in additional or specialised ingredients
Fully covered shoes are compulsory for all practical classes.
Dietitian, Nutritionist, Food Technology, Food Science, New product design, Food Engineering, Quality Assurance, Food Critic, Food Stylist, Cake Decorator, Product Promotion, Hospitality, Chef, Baker, Bar Manager, Bar Tender, Front of House, Caterer, Housekeeper, Cafe Manager, Hotel/ Motel Receptionist, Barista.