Year 11 Mathematics with Statistics and Probability
Teacher in Charge:
Mathematics with Statistics and Probability is for students who enjoy finding statistical outcomes and investigating the world of Probability. Increasingly many areas require employees to be statistically literate. In a world where the news is filled with Data there is a strong need to be mindful consumers of information.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Critical thinking- Be able to illustrate your mathematical thinking visually and to demonstrate mathematical curiosity by asking mathematical questions.
- Complete a Statistical Investigation using the PPDAC cycle for a multivariate data set.
- Use and analyse information.
- Complete a Statistical Investigation using the PPDAC cycle for a bivariate data set.
- Develop their understanding of chance and how we can model situations involving probability.
Year 11, Mathematics
2 x 1E5 exercise books, Scientific/Graphics calculator