Year 11 Science - Radical Reactions and Captivating Chemistry
Teacher in Charge:
In Year 11 Radical Reactions and Captivating Chemistry students will explore key chemistry concepts and reactions. This course will encourage student critical thinking and problem solving within the practical context of chemical reactions and atomic structure and bonding.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Scientific skills - develop key ideas and apply these to a range of contexts, interpret results and carry out investigations.
- Atomic structure and Bonding-the foundation of all chemical reactions.
- Critical thinking - making connections between core ideas and how these can be applied, understanding links between evidence and theory.
- Multiple types of chemical reactions will be explored and undertaken to understand how particles behave in different contexts.
- Practical laboratory skills - understand how to undertake reactions safely in the laboratory and carry out experiments to collect data.
- Experimental design - learning how to create and critique their own experiments.
Year 11, Science
1 x 1E5 or 1E8 exercise book