Level 2 Māori Performing Arts
Teacher in Charge:
Maori Performing Arts (MPA) is an in depth study into the world of Kapa Haka. You will learn and understand the whakapapa of MPA, people associated with MPA. We will be looking at our major kapa haka events in Aotearoa, Te Matatini, Maranga mai e te iwi (Te Taitokerau Senior Kapa Haka Regional competition) and Te Taitokerau Festival.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Develop an understanding of disciplines of Kapa Haka.
- Explore 3 disciplines of kapa haka, Poi, Waiata ā ringa and Mōteatea.
- Develop your Te Reo Māori.
- Extend Te Reo Māori by understanding compositions and what they mean.
- Learn about leaders in the world of kapa haka.
- Exploring our whakapapa of Māori Performing Arts through waiata and haka.
- Develop an understanding of whakapapa in Māori Performing Arts.
2 x 1B5 exercise books