Confirmation of Courses
Please note the following points:
- If there are insufficient numbers for a subject to be viable, the subject will not run in 2021. When this occurs, you will be contacted and asked to select another subject.
- Although every effort is made to accommodate each individual’s choice of subjects, sometimes it is not possible. If you have a clash of subjects, you will be contacted to discuss this and you may need to select another subject. As this may happen after school closes for the year, it is important that the school has accurate contact details for you.
- If you are unable to pursue a particular subject due to clashes or any other reason, it is important to realise that there are alternate pathways available to you, both in school and beyond. Make an appointment to talk to your Careers Advisors before school starts for 2021.
- It is important to put in the time and effort now to choose your subjects wisely as class allocations are made according to your choices. Changes to option subjects may not be accepted after the end of this year, except in response to NCEA results or in exceptional circumstances. It may be too late to decide next year that you no longer wish to take a particular subject.
- It is important you complete your option selection by the due date to enable you to have your preferred course of study. Options are due on August 28 2020.
- If you are unable to complete you option selection on line, paper copies are available in the Deans' Centre.